Workshop Life Size Painting
with Bernardo Siciliano
Milano Painting Academy organises and hosts the workshop Life-Size Painting by the established Italian artist Bernardo Siciliano, who currently lives and works in New York.
This 6-day workshop is a unique experience and allows participants to learn the process of painting the naked life-size human figure, using a complete palette, with the guidance of the artist Bernardo Siciliano. Siciliano’s workshop is also a precious tool to experience how to interpret ancient and traditional techniques and methods in contemporary fashion. Every student will work on their own paintings with a gradual approach, painting layer by layer, paying attention to the use of the colour white and its relationship to all the other colours.
The preparatory canvas is painted with a neutral and medium-bright coloured background, that allows for the subsequent use of bolder colours. The distinct pictorial masses and the thick pictorial impasto are obtained by painting with vigorous, broad white strokes, mixed with the other colours of the palette. These are the elements needed and that will be taught to the participants to develop their own paintings.
Throughout the course, the participant will focus on a series of technical challenges, such as anatomy, background, light, composition, colours, quality of brushstrokes and shapes. Participants will also realise a series of portraits. Moreover, the workshop will provide a method to experiment with chromatic and tonal construction when painting.
Key information about this workshop
- Dates: 20 to 25 June 2022
- Hours: from 9.30 to 4.30 pm (six days of intensive course)
- Materials: all the necessary material will be provided by Milano Painting Academy and included in the price.
- Enrolment: the workshop has a limited number of participants and enrolments will be accepted until there are no more places available.
- Recommendation: the workshop is suitable for anyone wishing to learn more about the painting technique used by the artist Bernardo Siciliano and to be guided by an established artist in the creation of the canvases. In addition, the workshop is suitable for those interested in learning a new method for painting the human figure in life size.
- Booking and info request: to book or request more information about this workshop send an email to: email@example.com
Credits: Overlap #2, Bernardo Siciliano, 2016, Olio su Tela, 47 x 64 inches, Collezione Privata, per gentile concessione dell’artista